extract (plural extracts)
- That which is extracted or drawn out.
- A portion of a book or document, separately transcribed; a citation; a quotation.
- A decoction, solution, or infusion made by drawing out from any substance that which gives it its essential and characteristic virtue; essence; as, extract of beef; extract of dandelion; also, any substance so extracted, and characteristic of that from which it is obtained; as, quinine is the most important extract of Peruvian bark.
- A solid preparation obtained by evaporating a solution of a drug, etc., or the fresh juice of a plant; -- distinguished from an abstract.
- A peculiar principle once erroneously supposed to form the basis of all vegetable extracts; -- called also the extractive principle.
- Extraction; descent.
- A draught or copy of writing; certified copy of the proceedings in an action and the judgement therein, with an order for execution.
7 letters in word "extract": A C E R T T X.
No anagrams for extract found in this word list.
Words found within extract:
ace acer acre act ae ar arc are aret arett art at ate att ax axe car care caret carex cart carte cat cate cater cert crate ea ear eat er era et eta etat ex exact extra race rat rate rax re react rec recta ret retax rex ta tace tacet tact tae tar tare tart tat tate tater tax taxer te tea tear teat tecta tet tetra text trace tract trat treat tret